After receiving my free month trial on Netflix, I instantly chose to watch An Education after longing to see it for quite some time. Consequently, I not only adored the movie, but the fashion as well! The 1960's were so chic and full of class. So here's a bit of inspiration from the movie that has been consuming my day dreams ever since. Fortunately, Anthropologie provides any dress a girl could hope for to become as glamorous as Carey Mulligan. Now all I need is the English accent..
I adore all of these dresses from Anthropologie and you should as well. They depict the 60's perfectly. I believe bold prints and colors do the trick. And of course floral (it's just timeless)!
- I'm dying to get my hands on a film camera!
- A leather briefcase/satchel isn't just professional for an Oxford student, but also extremely fashionable for the rest of us
- Plaid? Yes, please. Sophistication meets school girl
- Oxfords are some of the classiest shoes, thank God they're back in style. (Great for guys and gals)
- Don't be scared, break out that red lipstick without any shame! My favorite is Red Revival by Maybelline
- Silky scarves are chic and fun in pretty floral prints, perfect for the spring
- Don't you dare forget your cat eye glasses to bring this look to its entirety! (J. Crew, I love you)