Hello my friends! I know I've been a complete slacker when it comes to blogging lately, but with good reason, I went to Haiti for a week (from Tuesday to Tuesday). I'm going to go ahead and be cliche by saying that I had a life changing experience. It's insane how much one can learn in only a week. It's also pretty crazy that even while in Haiti, there's a chance to be stylish. I've had a growing obsession with headscarves that has heightened while in Haiti. One of my good friends on the trip proved to me that you can still look good while doing good. She really knew how to work the headscarves and wore a different, fabulous one every day. She also got given a baby.. but that's another story. So here is my take on this trend that is oh so perfect for this coming summer.
[Scarf: Vintage / Earrings: Forever 21 / Lipstick: Maybelline Coral Crush]
I was rummaging through my sister's things and found this beautiful silk scarf that she never wears, so only wanting to give it the attention it deserves, I stole it (can you blame me?). The wonderful thing about headscarves is that you can spice up any outfit with their bold colors or even hide a bad hair day.
[Scarf: Vintage / Sunglasses: Target / Earrings: Forever 21 / Nail polish: Revlon Craving Coral]
My grandma gave me this scarf a while ago and I only recently realized the treasure that it is. By adding gold jewelery, it really accentuates the gold in the scarf. I'm also obsessed with these retro looking sunglasses which replaced my old sunnies that I sadly broke in Haiti (RIP).
[Scarf: Target / Earrings: Target]
You can literally wear your hair any style with headscarves and it looks great. I love to do messy buns or long braids, the possibilities are endless. Scarves with a floral pattern are perfect for summery weather and brighten up a look.
[Scarf: Vintage / Top: Urban Outfitters / Pants: Target]
I also stole this scarf from my sister because it too needed a good home. You can't tell in this photo, but it has little blue birds all over it and by wearing this solid blue shirt, it really accentuates the blue in the scarf. I just got these white pants which I'm so thrilled about. I've been wanting white pants for years but it's quite difficult to find a good fitting pair, they can either look really good or really atrocious.
- You can take any old scarf and wear it on your head instead of your neck. I love this floral printed one.
- This silk scarf welcomes Spring with its bold and bright colors.
- I love that this scarf is somewhat mermaidish, I can just pretend I live on the beach.
- You can see above that I'm wearing this nail polish. Coral is my favorite color for the Spring.
- Yet another light scarf, perfect for those long sunny days.
- Don't just stop at coral nail polish, coral lipstick is necessary as well. I'm wearing this lipstick above.
- I put this scarf in my last post but felt it necessary to repost. In fact, I love it so much, it should be arriving on my door step any day.
Have a beautiful day!